Hey y’all, welcome to Freshly Fabulous! I’ve been meaning to start a blog for quite a while now, and I decided this summer would be a good time to finally do it. Join me on my journey to becoming healthier, more fit, and more fabulous!
Since I love smoothies, and we just bought a new Vitamix blender, my first post is a no-brainer. This delicious drink will take you straight to a colorful sunrise on your favorite beach.
Ingredients (makes two large smoothies)
- 2 Cara-Cara oranges
- 2 regular oranges
- (store bought orange juice can be used instead of fresh, 1/2 – 3/4 cup)
- Fresh pineapple, cut into chunks, about 1/2 cup
- 3 large strawberries
- Watermelon Juice, or fresh watermelon chunks, about 1/4 cup
- Sliced and frozen banana (fresh works too)
- Frozen mango
- Frozen strawberries
For yellow layer:
- Juice all four oranges and pour into blender.
- Add frozen bananas and blend until smooth.
- Add pineapple and frozen mango, blend until smooth. (Add more orange juice to get things moving if needed)
- Pour into two glasses, stopping when filled half way. Leave any excess smoothie in the blender.
For pink layer:
- Add watermelon juice and/or chunks, fresh and frozen strawberries to blender, blend until smooth
- Pour over yellow layers. Use spoon or straw to created swirled effect if desired.